The Diversity & Inclusion COE works to promote a respectful, accessible and inclusive environment to all students, staff, and community within the CT State Community College, Charter Oak State College and CSCU System.
Ensure Equal Opportunity and Access for Students, Staff, and the Community
- Monitor college/campus compliance with relevant CSCU policies and all state and federal EEO/AA/Civil Rights laws including, but not limited to, Title VII, Title IX, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Provide direction and guidance on search compliance and diversity recruitment efforts
- Provide career counseling for employees seeking career mobility
- Develop Affirmative Action plans and programs in accordance with the Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities (CHRO) AA Regulations
- Provide reasonable accommodations for employees or job applicants in accordance with the ADA
- Conduct and coordinate state mandated training (Diversity, Sexual Harassment, Title IX and ADA)
Investigate Discriminatory Conduct
- Investigate allegations of discrimination and sexual harassment and make recommendations for resolution in collaboration with the Labor Relations COE
- Facilitate informal resolution/mediation of complaints
Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Policy & Strategy Development
- Participate in developing and enforcing workplace policies and procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations regarding all protected classes
- Work to establish a Diversity & Inclusion Committee that represents staff from all 12 CC, Charter Oak State College and CSCU System
- Work with all of the Centers of Excellence in efforts to promote diversity, inclusion and equity