The Connecticut Independent College Transfer Guarantee (CT Guarantee) allows CT Community College associate degrees to transfer to a participating 4-year independent college in the state - admission guaranteed!
What is an independent college?
Independent colleges and universities, also known as private institutions, operate outside of the Connecticut public system of higher education.
What is it
The Connecticut Independent College Transfer Guarantee is a partnership agreement between the state’s community colleges and independent colleges and universities. Students interested in transferring to a participating independent institution now have more options for a seamless transfer of credits.
- An associate degree from a Connecticut community college
- A GPA of 2.0, 2.5 or 3.0 (guaranteed admission based on GPA varies by college)
*Must meet all eligibility criteria for the selected college and capacity is available within the intended major
- No application fee
- Guaranteed admission
- Guaranteed transfer of credits
- Junior status upon enrollment
- Scholarship and financial incentives
(varies by college)