Free Community College
In Connecticut

Our 12 Connecticut Community Colleges are merging to become CT State. You will seamlessly become a CT State student effective Fall 2023 with the ability to use your financial aid, register for classes and access services at any campus.

PACT: Pledge to Advance CT funding covers the gap between federal and state grants you receive, and community college tuition and mandatory fees. To receive PACT funding, apply, register for classes (6+ credits), and fill out the FAFSA. Entry into the program will be accepted on a first-come first-served basis.

How to Qualify? Get Started FAQs Help

How to Qualify?

  • CT High School Graduate
    Be a CT high school graduate (GED and home schooled students qualify)
  • First-Time College Student
    Be a first-time college student
  • Completed FAFSA
    Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is used to package federal, state and often institutional aid and accept all awards
  • Part-Time or Full-Time
    Attend community college part- or full-time (6+ credits/semester)
  • Degree or Certificate Program
    Enroll in a degree or credit-bearing certificate program
  • Good Academic Standing
    Once enrolled, remain in good academic standing

Get Started

  • Select a College
    12 convenient locations and hundreds of areas of study
  • Apply for College Admission
    Apply online at your selected college
  • Complete the FAFSA
    Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is used to package federal, state and often institutional aid and accept all awards
  • Register for 6+ credits
    Students must apply and register for 6+ credits
  • Good Academic Standing
    Once enrolled, remain in good academic standing


Am I eligible for PACT if I took college courses in high school?

College credits completed prior to high school graduation will not preclude a student from participating in PACT.

Where do I go to fill out my FAFSA?

To complete your FAFSA, go to

Which programs at my community college are eligible?

Any degree or certificate program that can use Title IV funding at 72 credits over 48 months is eligible. For example, you can go into Nursing, Culinary Arts, etc.

If I'm already a student at a CT Community College, am I eligible?

No. PACT is only available for first-time, full- or part-time students (6+ credits) enrolling in an upcoming semester.

I have some learning challenges and/or health concerns that may make it difficult to take 6+ credits per semester. Am I eligible for PACT?

If you have a documented disability, we will work with you and your advisor to figure out the most credit hours that you'll be able to take for enrollment.

Do you have to accept the Stafford Loan as part of the FAFSA before PACT kicks in?

No. Applicants must accept all grants (Pell and Roberta Willis), not loans, before PACT funding becomes available.

I attended trade school, but did not finish. Am I eligible for PACT?

No. Trade school and postsecondary school counts as prior enrollment, but we still encourage students to apply for admission as many other financial aid packages are available.

I graduated from a CT high school a long time ago and would be a first-time college enrollee. May I take advantage of the program?

Under the law as is currently written, yes.

Are there any income requirements for PACT eligibility?

Under the law as is currently written, no.

I graduated with a GED. Can I take advantage of the program?

Yes, as long as you meet all other eligibility requirements.

Do you have Spanish-speaking admission representatives for students with Spanish-speaking parents or family members that want to enroll in PACT?

Yes, there are multilingual representatives at each college to assist students and their families.

Are there more details about the PACT program?

Yes, more specific details about the PACT program can be found in our PACT Manual.
PACT Manual

PACT Appeal Form

Eligibility for the PACT program is determined based on the eligibility criteria determined under Connecticut Public Act 19-117. Students who have lost the eligibility to participate have the right to an appeal. All appeals will be reviewed by the PACT Appeals Committee, and decisions will be made in writing to the student with a copy of the decision kept on file with the attending Financial Aid office.
PACT Appeal Form


Campus Contact Map
Asnuntuck Community College
170 Elm Street, Enfield, CT
Beth Egan
View on map
Capital Community College
950 Main Street, Hartford CT
Margaret Malaspina
View on map
Gateway Community College
20 Church Street, New Haven, CT
Liz Vega
View on map
Housatonic Community College
900 Lafayette Blvd., Bridgeport, CT
Bernie Shea
View on map
Manchester Community College
Great Path, Manchester CT
Mariah Thomas
View on map
Middlesex Community College
100 Training Hill Road, Middletown CT
Lauren Katusha
View on map
Naugatuck Valley Community College
750 Chase Parkway, Waterbury, CT
Noel Rosamilio
View on map
Northwestern CT Community College
Park Place East, Winsted, CT
Karissa Smith
View on map
Norwalk Community College
188 Richards Ave, Norwalk, CT
Robin Morris
View on map
Quinebaug Valley Community College
742 Upper Maple Street, Danielson, CT
Sarah Hendrick
View on map
Three Rivers Community College
574 New London Turnpike, Norwich, CT
Kenneth Briggs
View on map
Tunxis Community College
271 Scott Swamp Road, Farmington, CT
Jean Main
View on map