Bond Commission Approves $38.7 Million for CSCU Capital Improvement Projects
The State Bond Commission today approved $38.7 million in capital improvement projects for the 17 institutions of CSCU.
The State Bond Commission today approved $38.7 million in capital improvement projects for the 17 institutions of the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities (CSCU) system.
The funding will be used for laboratory and research equipment; the consolidation and upgrade of student and financial information technology systems; the financing of advanced manufacturing and technology programs; the renovation and restoration of academic facilities, safety system upgrades, deferred maintenance and ground improvements throughout the CSCU system.
“This funding will play an integral role in expanding our academic programs and strengthening our infrastructure to attract new students and train the workforce of tomorrow,” said CSCU President Mark Ojakian. “I thank Governor Malloy and the legislature for their ongoing support in helping our state colleges and universities update and modernize their facilities. The investments we make today will lead to technologically advanced classrooms and new IT systems linking our institutions in ways that will enable us to serve all our students better.”
Included in the bonding is:
- $11.4 million for renovations and improvements to Asnuntuck Community College, including replacement of the roof; construction of a new building entrance; and the construction, renovation and improvement of student senate offices, conference areas, lounge, bookstore, a food service area with indoor and outdoor seating, and a community function area.
- $10 million to continue the advancement and development of IT networks and capabilities throughout the 12 CSCU community colleges, and to continue the implementation of the consolidation and upgrades of student and financial information technology systems.
- $7.75 million for various alterations and improvements to the 12 community colleges, Charter Oak State College and System Office buildings.
- $5 million for various alterations and improvements to buildings at Central, Eastern, Southern and Western Connecticut State Universities. These alterations and improvements will include restoration of academic facilities, upgrading safety systems and other ground improvements.
- $2 million to finance new and replacement instruction, research and/or laboratory equipment at Naugatuck Valley Community College.
- $2.5 million to finance the advanced manufacturing and emerging technology programs at the 12 CSCU community colleges.
For more information
For more information, please contact Leigh Appleby, Director of Communications at 860-723-0617, firstname.lastname@example.org