Council of Information Technology Leadership
The Council of Information Technology Leadership (CITL) is an organization of senior information technology leaders from the member institutions of Connecticut State Colleges and Universities (CSCU). The CITL works in partnership with Board of Regents (BOR) and institution leaderships to implement technology solutions that support the missions in teaching, scholarship, and public service. While respecting the autonomy among member institutions, the CITL seeks opportunities to address common challenges and advance the collective priorities of its constituent organizations via creative and effective use of technology. The Council is presided over by the Chief Information Officer of CSCU.
The Council shall:
- Identify and make recommendations to the Chief Information Officer for collaboration opportunities that leverage information resources and scale of the economy across the enterprise.
- Guide the development and implementation of enterprise technology solutions that support the evolving needs of member institutions.
- Make recommendations to Information Technology Policy Committee and guide the implementation of system-wide information technology policy, procedures, and standards.
- Make recommendations to the Chief Information Officer on technology investments, resource allocation, and project prioritization in accordance with the strategic goals of BOR.
- Facilitate communications between the central office and member institutions and ensure broad community involvement.
Serve as stewards for best practices in information technology. Promote and encourage effective use of technology in administration and academics.